Skip to main content

My media consumption

NEWSPAPERS:
1) I don't read any newspapers however, I use an app called 'Get West London'.
2)I tend to check the local news first because I like to be aware of what is happening around me.
3)I never read the political news as it doesn't interest me.
4)Usually, I read the crime stories as there are so many different stories about different types of crime.
5)I know some people with the same app as me.
6)I don't look at any websites.

MAGAZINES:
1)I don't really read magazines but if I do, I read something like the 'ASOS' magazine as it inspires me with different fashion styles.

TELEVISION:
1)I don't know how many hours of TV that I watch in a week.
2)I watch TV after around 5pm.
3)My favourite show is called 'Riverdale' as it is a mystery that has teen drama in it. Shows that have mystery in them keeps me on edge and encourages to continue watching it. Also, some aspects of drama, i can relate to.
4)Sometimes I watch TV with others, we both decide as the person who I watch it with likes the same things as me.
5)Sometimes I watch on demand if I miss a show. I use my tablet to watch TV mostly.

RADIO:
1)I rarely listen to the radio.
2)If I do, I listen to 'Kiss' because they play modern music.
3)
4)I listen to the radio in the morning.
5)My mum listens to it when she is cleaning or getting ready.

CINEMA:
1)The last thing I went to see in the cinema was 'Venom'.
2)On Netflix, I watched Birdbox.
3)My boyfriend watched it with me.
4)We both decided.
5)I tend to watch films on my tablet.

ONLINE:
1)I use the internet everyday.
2)Usually i access the internet at home.
3)Mainly, i use google and youtube.
4)I use google for when i want to find out information or research something. I use youtube for entertainment purposes.
5)Typically, I use my phone or my tablet to access the internet.
6)I use snapchat and instagram mainly.

REFLECTION:
1)??
2)I will now research magazines and significant media changes and articles to develop my knowledge for A level media.
3)I will now use media macguffin more often as it consists of the information which i need for my revision such as theorists that i will have to know.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Blog 1

I chose A level media as I love to be able to infer because there is no limit. I didn't do GCSE media studies. I am unsure about my path after sixth form so that is why I study subjects that I enjoy/ find interesting. . I have an app on my phone which sends notifications about local new stories. The last film i watched was Venom. Skins is my favourite series. I spend around 3-5 hours on my phone; i know that this is way too much.

Advert Analysis

This poster is advertising Reebok clothing. There is a close up of 50 Cent who is an inspirational man to young adults. He is a well known rapper. Reebok has used him as a model in their advert due to is popularity and it will make people want to by their clothes because they have such a famous person featuring in their advert. He has a serious facial expression- it is a reflection of his attitude; it suggests that he has independence therefore, it is gritty. The lighting highlights of parts of  his face; this also contributes to his overall seriousness. the fact that it suggests that he is independence could symbolise that Reebok is unique. it encourages their target audience of today's generation to buy their clothing as they want to be trendy but not look the same as everyone else. The theme of identity is carried throughout the advert as there is a picture of some finger prints next to the picture of the 50 Cent. No one has the same finger print- this also continues t...

CASE STUDY: everyday sexism

1)Laura Bates created the 'Everyday Sexism' project in order to speak out about sexual harassment and to destroy the normalisation of it. 2)This project links to post-feminism as it trys to encourage gender equality. Although women's rights have become more significant, they aren't as strong as men's rights. Feminism is necessary in today's society as women are sexually exploited on a daily basis and society often normalises it. 3)Technology was essential to the success of this project as it made it easy to spread the word by sharing and the use of hashtags. 4)I believe that the Everyday Sexism project will be required for a while in the future as sexual exploitation has been normalised therefore, we may not be able to change other peoples views and opinions. MEDIA MAGAZINE: the fourth wave? 1)Networked feminism is when it is divided into 'waves'; they explain the different contexts behind them culturally. It started when feminism came about. Femin...