Skip to main content

MIGRAIN October assessment LR

WWW:
You clearly understand many of the media concepts and have analysed the products well to answer questions.

EBI:
You need to revise media theorists so you can evaluate by applying theories to your own ideas.

Q1- I missed out this question as I didn't learn about the theorists. I need to be able to use theoretical framework to analyse how the poster uses narrative.

Q2- I need to have an understanding of the theoretical framework that is demonstrated by consistently appropriate explanation and comparison of the connotations in the products.

Q3- I don't have much knowledge and understanding on the influences of genre in media audiences and industries; this needs to be supported by appropriate and effective examples.

Q4- Make sure that my judgements are always fully supported.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Blog 1

I chose A level media as I love to be able to infer because there is no limit. I didn't do GCSE media studies. I am unsure about my path after sixth form so that is why I study subjects that I enjoy/ find interesting. . I have an app on my phone which sends notifications about local new stories. The last film i watched was Venom. Skins is my favourite series. I spend around 3-5 hours on my phone; i know that this is way too much.

Advert Analysis

This poster is advertising Reebok clothing. There is a close up of 50 Cent who is an inspirational man to young adults. He is a well known rapper. Reebok has used him as a model in their advert due to is popularity and it will make people want to by their clothes because they have such a famous person featuring in their advert. He has a serious facial expression- it is a reflection of his attitude; it suggests that he has independence therefore, it is gritty. The lighting highlights of parts of  his face; this also contributes to his overall seriousness. the fact that it suggests that he is independence could symbolise that Reebok is unique. it encourages their target audience of today's generation to buy their clothing as they want to be trendy but not look the same as everyone else. The theme of identity is carried throughout the advert as there is a picture of some finger prints next to the picture of the 50 Cent. No one has the same finger print- this also continues t...

Score Advert

Wider reading: 1. In the 1960s, advertising techniques were shown in a time of new and improved way to advertise. Back then, advertising agencies focused on the creativity when planning their campaigns. Score reflects that change as it focuses more on gender roles and sexuality more than it focuses on the product itself. It is significant as the advert symbolises how women were; it objectified the women because they are admiring the male while they carry him- this signifies the fact that men are dominant. 2. During the post war period, campaigns included the idea that women should stick to being housewives. 3. The props that are used in this advert reinforce the idea of gender roles. For example, the only male is holding a gun; this could assert his masculinity and automatically give him all of the power. Also, it could be see as a phallic symbol; the women are all reaching up to him to get their hands on him. This could be seen as sexual as all of the women want him. Also, the cost...